Sunday, March 15, 2015

Unconditional

I thought I loved unconditionally. I thought I was loved unconditionally. But who truly is able to do something like that unconditionally? Perhaps only some parents are able to love their children unconditionally. Even then, they set forth expectations for the children to achieve to be rewarded. They'll love them regardless of achievement, but still hold expectations. Likewise, I thought you loved me unconditionally. Who am I to judge, when I'm unable to love purely unconditionally? I hold expectations and stand by my principles. I get upset, I get frustrated, but I'll still love you regardless. Perhaps one might deem that as foolishness, but to each their own. Should one continue loving someone unconditionally, if it isn't reciprocated? Am I suffocating you...?

Lesson learnt: Not everyone defines unconditional in the same way

No comments:

Post a Comment